- Build social media content and strategies to increase digital reach for our priority campaigns.
- Create engaging content across various social media channels, i.e. Instagram posts & stories, Facebook graphics, and TikToks.
- Create graphics and social media toolkits for statewide public education campaigns.
- Capitalize on research skills to stay up to date on reproductive health care trends.
- Develop projects related to publicity, events, trainings and media outreach.
- Participate in reproductive rights coalitions and campaigns.
Time Commitment: The fellowship is for 6 months with a start date of January 1, 2023. Fellows are expected to commit 10-15 hours per week. There are 2 fellowships available.
Compensation: $1,000 monthly stipend (course credit allowed)
Location: Fargo, North Dakota | Remote in North Dakota
- Creativity: Ability to generate new concepts to create compelling graphics, videos, and captions for social media posts and public education campaigns.
- Knowledge: Understanding of the importance of reproductive rights and its relationship to economic and social equality and justice, with particular emphasis on and interest in the North Dakota reproductive health care landscape.
- Experience: Competency with using social media platforms, especially Instagram and TikTok, with demonstrated ability to establish a following.
- Teamwork: Eagerness to work with others to elicit and implement the best strategy.
- Analytical skills: Ability to assess the engagement of followers to strategically post content when engagement probability is at peak.
- Proactive approach: Enthusiasm and passion for progressive and social justice issues including the advancement of reproductive rights for all North Dakotans.
- In whatever medium you prefer (written, video, tik tok, slide deck, graphic, you choose!) share your passion for reproductive health, rights and justice. Include your perception on how social media or media outreach is an instrument for organizing people around an issue. Send via Email to Amy Jacobson with the subject line ‘Fellowship’.
- Provide links to any posts, graphics, tweets, TikToks that you have originated (content related to a social justice issue preferred, but not required.)
- All applicants will receive an interview.
For more information contact Amy Jacobson, Executive Director of Prairie Action North Dakota Institute at amy@prairieactionND.org.
Prairie Action ND Institute is an equal opportunity employer. This position complies with the Fair Labor Standard Act.